Monday, December 29, 2014

Agent Spotlight - Tim Lopez

Tim Lopez
Keller Williams Academy
Associate Broker
505-249-8282
www.nmHomeGroup.com




A New Mexico native I’ve been a homebuilder and general contractor in Albuquerque over 20 years.  I started in the industry working for companies like Roger Smith and FDC in the field as a laborer but eventually worked up to superintendent and foreman.  My commercial experience includes working for companies like the multi-national general contractor Flintco Constructors building US Post Offices and other site built improvements throughout Albuquerque and Kirtland AFB.  I’ve worked a as Project Manager, Development Coordinator, and Site Superintendent building  multi-million dollars commercial projects but the real motivation was to venture back into the home building market.

Focusing on infill developments I started out on my own building townhomes, patio homes and single family homes throughout Albuquerque but eventually focused on a new development starting in the Far NE Heights of Albuquerque.  High Desert eventually became the primary goal of my construction and development career.  High Desert offered the opportunity to build blocks of townhomes and multi-million custom homes.  We were able to edge out a unique and characteristic niche in High Desert and surrounding areas by building very high quality custom homes.  Contemporary,  Southwest Contemporary, Prairie, and Southwest Revival are just a few styles that still grace the NE Heights resume of custom homes built by myself and my partner of 15 years.

As the home market slowed my company was asked to build the very first LEED Platinum Commercial office building in New Mexico.  This 3.5 million dollar project graces the Southeast corner of Tramway and San Rafael.  Nationally recognized the Cognitive Behavior Institute put New Mexico in the forefront of environmentally sensitive construction.

Numerous real estate developments, both commercial and residential outline my career.  I’ve served on boards like the Animal Humane Association, Construction Industries License Appeals and UNM Project Manager Council, all issues that I have an interest in either personally or professionally.  

My first NM Real Estate license was issued in 1992 after completing courses at the Norris School of Real Estate.  Not until 2012 did I realize selling Real Estate for Keller Williams was just as satisfying if not more than construction.  I knows the local builders in Albuquerque, the methods and construction techniques used and the standards of quality construction.

Playtime means golf and that’s where I’ll be if not working.  If you’re ever looking for a 4th then you know who to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment